About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for an enthusiastic Mechanical Designer to support continued growth and complete strategic project initiatives for their customers. This rewarding role will provide an opportunity to:
- Prepare Quotes per Customer Specifications. Review the project and make sure the expectations are understood. Prepare detail drawings for purchasing for all subcontracted components. (see work instructions; Preparing an Estimate and Quote).
- Create details from layouts or create assembly drawings for components as required for production. (See work instruction; Processing a Template).
- Create part numbers on all new drawings.
- Create all Routings and drawings required for AMG for cutting or bending.
- Make sure all drawings have revision levels and specified tolerances which match customer’s requirements.
- Make corrections on all drawings as directed by Quality department. Remember to always have revision levels for all drawings (old or new).
- Work on special engineering projects as directed by the Manager
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design and/or any combination of education and experience in a similar environment
- Proficiency in 3D design software
- Skill in visualizing and interpreting requirements
- Organization skills for maintaining product flow
- Demonstrated ability to be accurate and consistent with details.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to build and maintain a good working relationship within the company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Solidworks proficiency
- JobBOSS software proficiency