About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
Review SPC data from the suppliers and recommend accept/reject decision for the incoming parts from the supplier. Be a part of the team in supporting quality engineers in resolving quality issues. Work with suppliers on part disposition.
1. Review SPC data to validate product conformance and follow-up/ improve standard process for product non-conformances
2. Reviews corrective and preventive actions from the supplier and ensures all the corrective/preventive actions are implemented
3. Manages the gage ordering process for both internal and external suppliers
4. Works with both internal and external suppliers to ensure inspection plans are in place and up to date
5. Writes deviations to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality and submits for approval.
6. Sets up experiments as directed by engineering staff and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance.
7. Interprets engineering drawings and confers with management or engineering staff to create an inspection plan.
8. Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests product for variety of qualities such as aesthetic, dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required (Associates preferred)
2. 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Ability to read and understand a Bill of Materials (BOM), Engineering Blueprints, evaluate work in process and finished goods Aesthetically, Functionally and Dimensionally through gauging, testing and visual inspection. (GD&T)
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.