About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The Process Engineer will coordinate all activities related to process control and continuous improvement for the entire manufacturing process from melt through cast operations.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible to create and maintain all process failure mode effect analysis documentation for product within assigned responsibility.
- Conduct annual RPN reduction reviews for all current programs, improving linkage between improvement plans, PFMEA, control plan and operator.
- Perform as a liaison between production departments regarding the activities of process monitoring and control.
- Analyze both internal and external non-conforming products in order to define root cause of defects and propose and implement necessary corrective and preventative actions for the product within responsibility.
- Perform analysis within the actual manufacturing process in order to find areas of opportunities for continuous improvement of process in terms of quality, productivity, and cost.
- Monitor ongoing process performance of products.
- Responsible for performing process audits within operations to assess compliance with the work instructions.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and controlling the process sheets, and required to approve all work instructions related to the production process.
- Responsible for issuing tests for corrective and/or preventative actions, new material trials, continuous improvements, and analyzing the results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 3 years' experience in Process Engineering
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.
- Experience in a High Pressure Die Cast Plant
- Understanding of thermal/fluid dynamics
- Experience in problem solving techniques (Six Sigma, Red X, etc.)
- Ability to work in an office and industrial environment