About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The individual will design new, modified, or improved components and basic parts in accordance with engineering standards as a Senior Electrical Designer.
1. Prepare design layouts, diagrams, wiring harnesses, electrical systems, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, in support of the overall vehicle design.
2. Create and revise drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.e., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact.
3. Design vehicle components to meet customer requirements.
4. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues and conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
5. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
6. Select parts and/or design components for compliant and cost/quality-conscious design
7. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
8. Perform job duties in an ethical and professional manner.
9. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
• Associates degree in Electrical Design or equivalent experience
• 3-plus years related experience
• Creo Electrical
• Experience with Windchill software
• Experience with Creo/Pro-E application
• Experience with electrical harness and electrical assembly design
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.