About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
We are seeking energetic candidates to join our innovative client and add value by providing installation support, start-up support, troubleshooting, and training while ensuring that our clients customers are completely satisfied with the machinery, service, and support of their equipment.
1. Responsible for installation support, including mechanically setting equipment, wiring equipment, checking / verifying electrical connections, and power up.
2. Responsible for start-up support, including checking I/O, moving servo axis, running product and ensuring that equipment is ready to efficiently run in production, and debugging equipment during production runs.
3. Responsible for training on related equipment, including machine theory training, operator training, mechanical/electrical maintenance training, and troubleshooting training.
4. To be technically proficient in our client’s machinery from an electrical and mechanical standpoint.
5. To proactively ensure that mechanical/electrical skill level is sufficient to start-up and troubleshoot equipment with limited support from engineering
6. To maintain and grow relationships with customers and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
7. To provide input to engineering/sales on technical issues on machinery, speed capabilities/limitations, problem resolution, market information (competitor’s machinery, future projects, etc.).
8. To assess existing machines and make recommendations to the customer on required spare parts, potential issues, and upgrades
9. To have the ability to communicate effectively with the customer to report on machine state, progress, issues, updates, etc.
10. To assist in shop machine start-ups (as needed)
• 2+ years of experience working on automated machinery
• Basic experience or coursework with Allen Bradley PLCs
• Ability to travel 70-80% both domestically and internationally
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Electromechanical Technology, Engineering or related
• Demonstrated Electromechanical aptitude from previous employment or training
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.