About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
Perform engineering analysis of (original, new, modified, or improved) vehicle components and subsystems for reliability, maintainability, safety and human factors impacts in accordance with engineering standards and project scope. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with heavy truck (military or non-military), agriculture, automotive or heavy construction product design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform analyses of vehicle components and subsystems, that will include layouts, diagrams, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, (reliability impact, repair times, safety hazards, tradeoffs) in support of the overall vehicle design with minimal supervision
2. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
3. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
4. Provide direction to associate specialists regarding engineering analysis
5. Ensure the program defines and collects evidence in meeting established Reliability/Safety requirements
6. Participates in Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings, system design meetings, program engineering review and change board meetings
7. Participates in Working Groups (WGs) to validate the system’s design to meet requirements
8. Review and provide input to Systems Engineering, Design and Software documentation consistent with project phase to include requirements development, design, development, verification, test methods and performance verification
9. Support Configuration Control Board (CCB)
Reliability, Availability, Maintainability
1. Monitor and manage the Test Incident Report (TIR) process during vehicle reliability testing
2. Provide technical assistance with TIR database management and ability to create custom queries from the TIR database in support of reliability analysis
3. Perform Root Cause and Corrective Action, with Design Engineering on new product issues
4. Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
Safety, Human Factors
1. Work closely with customer to develop Safety Cases, collaborates hazard mitigations and residual risk and obtain Safety Releases/Certifications
2. Develop, deliver, update and maintain System Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment, Hazard Tracking databases, Safety and HFE reports and deliverables for the customer
3. Ensure hazard controls are properly implemented and verified
4. Independently analyzes and recommends safety features and controls for system design, software, training and procedures to mitigate or eliminate hazards
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
5+ years of experience in Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.