About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The team member will design, implement and test high-quality vehicle control software. The team member must be able to write embedded C++ software to run on embedded platforms that controls various vehicle systems through network messaging and directly connected inputs and outputs. The team member will be an integral part of multiple projects and responsible for peer reviewing their own and others software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to write high quality, maintainable, object-oriented C++ software
2. Responsible for quality conscious design including cost and reliability
3. Participate in peer reviews, estimation, and other engineering activities
4. Follow defined CMMI level 3 procedures in the writing of software
5. Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks, and control them within acceptable levels
6. Write requirements and design documentation 7. Ability to travel off-site to support engineering projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of related experience
• Current experience writing C++ software
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, C++ templates, C++ exceptions and the STL
• Knowledge of UML • Experience writing embedded applications on microcontrollers
• Experience with real-time operating systems
• Experience working with CAN and the J1939 protocol
• Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and operate test equipment like multimeters and oscilloscopes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience with model-based software such as system desk, MATLAB, Simulink, etc
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.