About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The team member will be involved in the design, test and verification of vehicle control software and vehicle electronics. The team member must understand industry and military standards that apply to vehicle design and test to evaluate designs against the requirements. The team member must have strong general knowledge of the electrical and software design on the vehicle and be able to aid in design requirement development, design evaluation and issue investigation including further testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write requirements and design documentation
2. Basic engineering print revisions using Adobe, Creo and Windchill
3. Develop documentation to support Engineering Change Proposals
4. Assist in test requests and implementation for system level testing
5. Assist in issue investigation in the areas of electrical and software
6. Responsible for quality conscious design including cost and reliability
7. Participate in peer reviews, estimation, and other engineering activities
8. Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks levels
9. Ability to travel off-site to support engineering projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Internship experience or 6-plus months related experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and operate test equipment like multimeters and oscilloscopes
• Experience with Creo 3D modeling and Windchill
• Experience working with CAN and the J1939 protocol
• Knowledge of systems engineering
• Knowledge of 8D problem solving techniques and other quality tools
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.