About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Technical Services, the Packaging Engineer’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all packaging materials used in the manufacturing plants are designed, purchased, and produced optimally. The Packaging Engineer will interact with customers, plant personnel, and management to achieve the position’s objectives.
We are seeking a candidate with the education or experience to perform the function of packaging engineer in the consumer products industry. Must have a college degree with an emphasis on packaging. Experience is a plus but willing to train the right candidate. The position requires an aptitude in CAD drawing as well as corrugate and package design.
- Source and specify packaging materials associated with the production of consumer, institutional, and industrial products.
- Qualify packaging materials through the development and execution of experimental trials
- Assist production with packaging material conversion issues
- Qualify raw material suppliers via execution of a vendor qualification program
- Interact with customers during the initial product development stage to ensure that materials are selected can be optimized on plant equipment and in plant processes
- Train maintenance and production personnel on proper manufacturing processes for packaging materials
- Develop solutions to reduce scrap and improve plant efficiencies as it relates to packaging equipment and materials
- Support Lean initiatives
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.
- Requires a packaging degree or 4-5 years of equivalent experience
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, areas and volume
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) along with AutoCAD, Gmail, and Google Apps