About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The main responsibility of the Scheduling Supervisor is to schedule required manufactured items to meet the production schedule. This position provides the necessary sequence and priority to the manufacturing teams in order to maximize efficiencies and meet on time delivery to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create daily tactical schedule for the plants
2. Maintain and balance customer requirements and production capabilities
3. Review material requirements as prompted by MRP and past due purchase orders that could affect the schedule
4. Suggest part information regarding manufacturing processes, lot sizes, locations, etc. that would support desired queue levels
5. Strive to meet customer needs by reviewing and making changes to production sequence
6. Update lists of manufactured items daily and re-sequence orders based off queue levels and shortages
7. Continuously strive to balance needs of external customer with production
8. Escalate issues and influence business decision of plant leadership
9. Ensure leadership is aware of any potential risks
10. Operate independently when needed and build relationships and work in a team environment
11. Prepare and present to leadership ongoing continuous improvement activities
12. Lead effective meetings, engage participation and implement improvements
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3-5-plus years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or related field
• Previous scheduling, procurement or planning experience in a manufacturing environment
• Advanced Computer Skills (Microsoft Excel)
• Good understanding of total manufacturing systems
• Kaizen, Lean and Value Stream Mapping experience and principles a plus
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.