About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
Under the guidance and supervision from the Senior Staff Engineer the Test Engineer will plan, coordinate and work with technicians to accomplish test and/or development projects involving heavy-duty vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
2. Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
3. Assist in formulating project estimates.
4. Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to subordinate engineers and technicians.
5. Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
6. Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
7. Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
8. Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field
• Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
• Ability to attain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Experience in automotive or heavy-vehicle equipment
• Ability to obtain Security Clearance
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.