About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
The Test Technician II will support Senior Technicians and Engineers in testing vehicles and parts/components and perform configuration changes/repairs of vehicles and test stands. This individual will accomplish this by following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross-functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Provide support in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems.
- Provide exemplary technical support to client customers and the Test & Development team.
- Other tasks as assigned, implied, or directed.
- Technical Diploma
- 3+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms
- (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Mechanic tool set and tool box
- Ability to travel 50%.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.