About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for a contract Electrical Engineer to ensure the smooth flow of operations within the engineering department by optimizing engineering designs for manufacturing process efficiency and effectiveness. This role will focus on minimizing number of parts in a product design to reduce cost, eliminate waste, and minimize opportunities for defects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Responsible for integration of electrical components and circuitry into vehicle designs
2. Work with SAE, Federal, and Military Standards for design compliance
3. Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
4. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
5. Work closely with other engineering groups
6. Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
7. Support proposal development
8. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
9. Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
10. Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
11. Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
12. Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.e. personal computer and CAD equipment
13. Possess a strong electrical knowledge of vehicles, electrical theory, electrical component and related systems .
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years related experience on truck/mobile equipment
- Relevant design experience with vehicle electrical systems
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.