About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for an enthusiastic Mechanical Designer to support continued growth and complete strategic project initiatives for their customers. This rewarding role will provide an opportunity to work as part of the Advanced Product Development Team; responsibilities include designing and developing laundry equipment using computer-aided tools. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Create models, assemblies, and drawings and support CAD activities for all product lines
- Detail and release drawings using Windchill PDMLink, Electronic Engineering Change Notice system, and View and Print
- Maintain top level layouts for one or more product lines
- Support all phases of the product development process (i.e. prototyping, testing, pilot runs, implementation, etc.)
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Design or closely related 2-year CAD degree
- Minimum 3 years design related experience using Pro Engineer/Creo
- Proficiency with Family Tables, Large Assembly Management, Sheet Metal, and plastics/castings
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Experience with Windchill PDMLink
- Appliance industry experience
- Use of and understanding of relations, layering