About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for an enthusiastic HVAC Design Engineer to support continued growth and complete strategic project initiatives for their customers. This rewarding role will provide an opportunity to design HVAC systems, select proper HVAC equipment and accessories, and determine appropriate routing and location of HVAC systems. Engineers will also be working with vendors to obtain pricing, instructing BIM designers on CAD layouts required, working with field foreman as unforeseen conditions are discovered, and preparing plans for state submittal
- Design heating, ventilation, and air conditioning layouts using CAD system
- List and provide quotations for HVAC equipment processing for estimation of project completion
- Design HVAC systems including ductwork, air handlers, terminal units, etc.
- Enter and update data in Design Department log book and files
- Provide support for Design Department
- Assist with installation and follow-up with of jobs
- Calculate heat gain/loss for residential and commercial applications
- Water system design for HVAC including hot water, chiller water, glycol systems
- 3 years of direct HVAC design experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and can delegate tasks when necessary
- Ability to communicate with customers, contractors, and associates in professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree, or Associate’s degree with sufficient direct HVAC design experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Experience working with steam systems for heating and process
- 3D modeling of MEP Systems with Revit and AutoCAD
- Registered Professional Engineer