About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for a contract Electrical Designer to perform engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Design new or modified vehicle components and subsystems, including creation of layouts, diagrams, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, i.e. weight, tolerancing, etc. in support of the overall vehicle design with minimal supervision
2. Create and revise drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.e., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact
3. Design vehicle components to meet customer requirements
4. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
5. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
6. Select parts and/or design components for compliant and cost/quality-conscious design
7. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
8. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the company's way.
9. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defines policies and procedures
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Design or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years' related experience
- CATIA V5 assembly, sheet metal, part design and Electrical workbenches experience
- Experience with SmarTeam PDM software
- Experience working with vehicle diagnostic software to support troubleshooting issues during prototype builds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status