About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for a contract Senior Project Leader. This role would be responsible for managing small- to medium-size projects while using a standard set of project management processes, forms, and tools and tailoring for the specific project needs. May assist other project managers on larger projects with processes. This position also provides the opportunity to be part of working groups to improve standard processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Takes guidance and work direction from Manager
2. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, and project communication.
3. Coordinate and manage internal and external resources to accomplish project objectives.
4. Plans and directs small to medium projects to completion.
5. Manages project scope, cost, and timeline and risk management.
6. Accepts and delegates authority, establishes priorities for work delegated to others.
7. Monitor product quality and process control and suggest improvements as needed.
8. Coordinate communications between suppliers, customers, and team members.
9. Prepare and present program status/issues to customers.
10. Identify and coordinate project scope change requests for approval. .
- 2 plus years related project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (manufacturing - engineering based if possible, not IT)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status
- 2 years working knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
- Experience in engineering project planning, analysis and cost control.
- Understanding of project scheduling, project statusing and best practices.
- Experience with project portfolio management and project performance reporting.
- Skilled with MS Excel – pivot tables, graphs, macros.
- Experience with MS SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word. •
- Uses independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills. Analyzing, scheduling, reporting out of the schedule.