About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Architect with a passion for healthcare design. Bring your passion and experience and collaborate with our industry thought leaders in healthcare design, sustainability and architectural innovation. This position will reside in our Milwaukee, WI office, advancing commitment to innovation and design excellence.
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy and provides major input in developing a design and building performance strategy and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate
- Provides technical design input. Responsible for a project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with Senior Designer
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and leads the detailed development of construction documents during all project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture
- Architectural registration required
- 5-7 years of experience on small- to large-scale project types; OSHPD/DSA experience highly desirable
- Strong graphics skills are an essential
- Revit experience required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and other industry accepted software and Microsoft Office Suite products is needed
Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.