About AWI Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, AWI is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
We have an immediate need for an enthusiastic Chief Erector to support continued growth and complete strategic project initiatives for our customers. This rewarding role will provide an opportunity to provide overall technical management and administrative support on-site from beginning to end of capital projects. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan, organize, perform, and/or supervise work performed in the field
- Collaborate with customers, engineering companies, and contractors as well as various internal employees involved in projects
- Installation of major paper machinery projects including new machine installation, machine rebuilds, and machine upgrades
- Follow-up visits to complete any punch list items and complete project for final acceptance by the customer
- Complete timely and accurate service reports
- Take responsibility for documentation for all communication, customer and employee interaction and correspondence
- 5 years of construction experience in the paper industry
- Familiarity with paper machine erection standards
- Must be available to travel to sites not yet determined for the duration of a given project.
- Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Associate degree in engineering or similar
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred