About AWI Engineering
Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Start-up Engineer to support continued growth and complete strategic project initiatives for their customers. This rewarding role will primarily focus on Field Service. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
When it comes to enhancing your technical career, AWI Engineering is the partner you can rely on to align your interests, qualifications, and talents to the right opportunity at the right time. We look forward to your application for this role and establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Performs and supervises the initial setup and test of machines in-house after final assembly. PLC software setup and verification, servo drive system configuration / programming / troubleshooting and Microsoft Visual Studio application configuration, are some of the tasks supported.
Performs and supervises machine installations and services of BWPS products. The position is that of an on-site supervisor that will also require hands-on support depending on the assignment, customer and location.
Provide training of customer operation and maintenance personnel along with junior technical service personnel. Emphasis on the safe operation of the products and establishing zero-energy state during maintenance is to be executed.
Provide remote customer support via phone, email, remote connection and other services.
Provide follow-up documentation in a timely manner including: Installation and service record, trip reports, expenses, and payroll information.
Demonstrate increased levels of competence with products as measured by levels of certification on the products.
Other duties as assigned by the Technical Service Leader.
Comply with company standards for attendance and hours of work.
Promote and support company-sponsored affirmative action/equal opportunity efforts.
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition, informing supervisor of defective or faulty equipment or materials and unusual conditions, maintaining quality standards and following safety rules.
- Work assignments when not traveling could include any of the following: working on the assembly floor assisting on final machine build and start-up, PO assembly, providing inside tech support, working with R & D / engineering, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment
- Proven oral and written communication skills are a plus
- Some Field Service Engineer positions may require a proficiency in one or more languages other than English
- Mainly working in customers’ manufacturing facilities worldwide
- Requires frequent travel (approximately 30 – 40% travel). Requires substantial lifting, climbing, twisting, kneeling, etc.
- Anticipated field time over a six-month period can be 75% - 80%.
- Holiday and weekend work is routine for the Start Up Engineer.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.