Client and SAP Environment are growing! New position to the team to help leverage SAP reporting capabilities for the organization. This position is to serve as the primary interface between the business units and BI Developer team to ensure business requirements are being met in a timely manner. This position will configure and maintain BI reporting for multiple SAP modules, including FICO/MM/SD/IM/WM. This position will also create policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, information security and adherence to legal and regulatory compliance.
SAP footprint continues to grow, Client recently moved ECC and BW to HANA, implemented Cloud for Sales and Service, implemented SuccessFactors – Talent Management, and implemented FSCM Credit Management. The future is exciting as we implement PP, expand Cloud for Customer, investigate S/4 and bring more processes into SAP.
- Works with key business users and Business Analysts to understand current business problems and identifies reporting opportunities. Records, analyzes, and confirm business requirements in functional specification documents.
- Architects reporting solutions from a functional standpoint to ensure flexibility and robustness, while ensuring conformance to established system control procedures.
- Analyzes, builds, maintains, supports and troubleshoots SAP BW and Business Objects Enterprise (BOE)/Lumira dashboards and reports, considering end user requirements, “best fit” reporting tool, data model availability and/or limitations.
- Handles support requests related to reporting by providing sound, innovative, and practicable solutions.
- Analyzes applicable data sources and the health of data as it pertains to reporting solutions.
- Prepares documentation and training materials for report users. Documents standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested changes, and development of new functionality.
- Assists with the testing of new releases, upgrades, or patches of SAP BW, BOE (and related systems).
- 6+ years of experience working with SAP Business Objects Enterprise suite of tools (including SAP Business Warehouse and SAP Data Warehousing)
- Experience gathering and analyzing business requirements, report solution design and front-end report development
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SAP BEx Analyzer, Query Designer tools and BOE/Lumira
- Experience with design and construction of dashboards
- Experience with policy, procedure and controls creation
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science/Business Information Systems or equivalent
- In lieu of the Bachelor's Degree, an Associate's Degree in a Computer Science or technology-related field combined with five years of additional related experience may be considered
- Knowledge of deploying BW reports through the SAP Enterprise Netweaver Portal
- Knowledge of SAP HANA Datasets
- Working knowledge of report building from SAP BW data models
- Understanding of SAP modules including some of the following: FI/CO, SD, MM, IM, WM
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills – experience in analyzing and understanding business/technology system architectures, databases, and client applications.
- Ability to apply knowledge of front end reporting tools and understand the integration with the various data models in the SAP Business Warehouse and other data sources
- Ability to effectively communicate with and liaise between business and IT stakeholders to articulate complex business requirements