Immediate position for a mid-level SQL Database Developer in the health sector. The perfect fit will have some experience in .net and C#. Java experience is a plus.
This person will be leading the design, implementation and support of SQL database systems that support a high availability, high volume enterprise environment. The team member will be working in a collaborative problem solving environment with sophisticated design and commitment to a quality product.
Analysis, Design, and Development: (70% of Time)
Maintenance: (20% of Time)
- Lead the design and development of SQL database systems utilizing established tools, standards and conventions including, but not limited to, SQL 2012-2017, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Conduct requirement analysis using agile methodology, working directly with end users, product owners, and management.
- Make recommendations and implement approved improvements and processes that will maximize automation and efficiency and minimize manual work.
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback.
- Design in load and performance tests analyzing & resolving bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Create standards and technologies used for corporate database development.
- Provide expertise to ensure implementation of corporate solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
Special Projects: (10% of Time)
- Serve as the primary department contact and systems expert for issues associated with assigned systems (and modules within those systems).
- Performance tuning & query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Responsible for system tuning, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environment.
- Triage and provide root cause analysis and/or validation on issues arising in systems or system modules.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience.
- 4-6+ years of design and/or development experience with SQL Server used as a data warehouse and back-end for .NET based applications.
- Familiarity with source code management systems to handle versioning of database systems (Git, Subversion, TFS/VSTS).
- Use of SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for database development and change management.
- Strong background in object oriented development techniques
- Desire to stay updated on current and new technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred).
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.
- .NET, C# experience 1+ yrs
- Perform work with a high degree of latitude while following agreed upon standards and procedures.
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to identify technological and other problems, research and analyze issues from different perspectives, organize information, reach sound conclusions while demonstrating logical reasoning, and make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams and vendor representatives to implement solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen, communicate technical issues; and compose clear, concise internal communications.
- Takes initiative to research, suggest, and initiate improvements and efficiencies in processes, and procedures.
- Accountable, open, candid and transparent.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects, be adaptive to critical needs, and share expertise as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with customers, stakeholders, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate risks clearly and readily to project partners.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in typical office conditions with frequent use of computer equipment.
- Flexibility to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish regular and ad hoc job responsibilities.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Understanding database security roles
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Power BI
- Azure DB experience
- PowerShell programming knowledge a plus
- Clear understanding of health insurance acumen