This position is focused on providing technical administration support for business tools and applications for the operations team supporting our client's distribution division with an initial emphasis on Zendesk’s CRM application. The Business System Administrator will be responsible for coordinating new features and functionality, working with internal customers on customization projects and resolving technical issues in support of expanding our Zendesk CRM adoption. This includes development and support of Zendesk client configurations and custom analytics. When not working on the CRM, other responsibilities will be spread across the division’s suite of tools, applications, and software.
As a Business System Administrator, you will be expected to have a working knowledge of the tools, applications, and software serving the division. This position requires a self-motivated employee who has a strong passion for improving customer experiences and a drive for efficiency and process improvement.
Delivery - Production Management
Planning - Elaboration
- Full technical support and oversight of the Zendesk platform into our support environment to include changes, widget implementation, API integration, CRM workflow configuration and reporting configurations.
- Perform initial troubleshooting; technical support; change management and maintenance of third party and in house developed systems or applications in both production and test environments including Upgrades and Data Migration.
- Escalate tickets as necessary following escalation procedures to meet established SLAs.
- Maintain control of access rights, security settings and user privileges for supported applications.
- Ensure comprehensive system and PII data integrity, including system security.
- Own and maintain documentation for Zendesk setup, issue resolution, customizations, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to implement new or enhanced features to improve Customer Care/Support.
- Support development and maintenance of technology standards, policies and procedures to support technology roadmap.
- Assist cross-functionally to implement new or enhanced features to improve Customer Service/Support.
- Assist with workflow/process design, best practice education and administration of all Enterprise Business solutions when assigned.
- Create/update team processes and procedures as necessary.
- Assist in creating test plans and in coordinating and testing enhancements and new versions of Zendesk.
- Assist in developing training materials and training users on Zendesk and other business systems.
- Assist in building reports and dashboards.
- Candidate will be required to frequently troubleshoot system issues including, but not limited to, error codes, access issues, workflow concerns and site down reports ranging on Severity levels.
- They will be expected to identify, recommend and implement fixes/workarounds for all issues. They will work with either internal teams or external vendors to address the problems.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal candidate:
- 5 year of System or Application Administration experience/ education preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in Zendesk highly preferred, Other Customer Care or Help Desk experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful API desirable.
- Experience with SaaS integrations (SAP, PeopleSoft, Active Directory, etc.) desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards desirable.
- Understanding administration of CRM applications (Salesforce, Zendesk, Oracle, etc).
- Previous work experience with SQL or other databases desirable.
- Strong Project Management skills desirable.
- Ability to create and deliver status reports and dashboards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- High level of customer focus and service excellence.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.