Fast-growing technology company is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to help the team expand their ecommerce platform. This will be a long term opportunity to get inside this great organization and really make an impact. Flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful the right candidate needs to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes - day-to-day maintenance
- Development of new features under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long-term support.
- 3+ years experience working with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ years experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS/SASS/Styled Components
- 1+ years experience working with PostgreSQL or Redis database; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Git version control
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with functional programming
- Performance debugging and benchmarking
- High sensibility to UI design and UX
- Based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home